How can I help you?

(0 / 1000)

* We're trying to respond within 24 hours.

프로필 사진

Jig-Ji - The oldest metal type in the world

Dowoomi
Date19-01-22 12:34 View15,933. Comments3.

본문

직지- 세계에서 가장 오래된  금속 활자

Metal typography is considered the best invention in human civilization. The books, printed in metal letters and printed in large quantities, conveyed new knowledge and skills to many people. As knowledge transfer became easier, human civilization developed at a rapid pace. Time magazine named the metal type "the world's best invention for the past 1,000 years." UNESCO has also commented that "it has led to a transition from medieval thinking to modern thinking."
'Jig-Ji' is one of the most beloved heritage of Koreans. The book "Jig-Ji," made of metal type, is a valuable heritage that confirms that this type of metal type is Korea. This is because it is the oldest book of metal letterpress printed to date. It was published 78 years earlier than a book printed in metal letters by Gutenberg of the West.

금속 활자는 인류 문명사에서 최고 발명품으로 꼽힌다. 금속 활자로 빠르고 대량으로 인쇄된 책은 새로운 지식과 기술을 많은 사람들에게 전달했다. 지식의 전달이 쉬워지면서 인류 문명은 빠른 속도로 발전했다. 타임지는 금속활자를 ‘지난 1,000년 동안의 세계 최고의 발명'으로 선정했다. 유네스코는 “중세적 사고에서 근대적 사고로의 변환을 이끌었다”고 평하기도 했다.
'직지'은 한국인이 가장 사랑하는 유산 중 하나이다. 금속활자로 만든 책 '직지'는 이런 금속 활자의 종주국이 한국임을 방증하는 귀중한 유산이다. 금속활자로 만든 인쇄물 중 현재까지 전하는 가장 오래된 책이기 때문이다. 서양의 구텐베르크가 만든 금속 활자로 인쇄한 책 보다 78년 앞서 간행되었다.

Korean words -

금속 (geun-sog) metal
활자 (hwal-ja) type
책 (chaeg) book
지식 (ji-sig) knowledge
기술 (gi-sul) Technology
사람들 (sa-ram-deul) people
발명 (bal-myeong) invention

Let's speak in Korean. -

이책은 언제 출판 되었나요?
(i-chaeg-eun eon-je chul-pan doe-eoss-na-yo?)
When was this book printed?
  • 페이스북으로 보내기
  • 트위터로 보내기

Comments

프로필 사진
Oliver

It is great and it is new knowledge to me. Right the metal printing contributed so much to civilization to the human world. Wonderful.

프로필 사진
Riley

It is good. So I want to visit Korea.

프로필 사진
Amelia

Awesome.

닫기

To become a teacher

세계 곳곳에 한국어에 관심있는 학습자를 돕고 수익도 얻는 한국어의 선구자가 되실 선생님을 기다리고 있습니다.
[접수 이메일]
support@elkorean.kr

[이메일 형식]
강사 지원 제목으로 메일을 보내주세요. 경력과 자기소개서, 연락처를 적어 보내주시면 검토 후에 엘코리안에서 연락드리겠습니다.
수업신청