Yes, you can a refund.
1. If you let the teacher know you want to stop the class package 24 hours before the next scheduled class, you can cancel the whole class package including the next scheduled class.
2. If you let the teacher know you want to stop the class package 24 after the next scheduled class or during the class, you can cancel the whole class package besides that class.
For example, your class package is 10-time classes, you attended two times of the class. If you let the teacher know you want to stop the remaining classed 24 hours after the third class starts, or during the third class, it is assumed that seven classes remain. 7 tuition fees will be refunded.
In this case, we do not apply the discount according to the number of classes and the number of students, but calculate the tuition fee and refund the remaining tuition fee. If the calculated tuition exceeds the tuition already paid, no tuition will be refunded.
If the tuition you have already paid is more than 10 times the class package and the number of students is 1: 2 or 1: 3, the tuition fee is based on the number of times and the number of students.
For example, if ‘Tuition/session’ of the teacher is 30 $, when you pay and the class package is 10-time with 1:3, the tuition is 598.50 $ with the discount. This price is the price you have already paid. If the discount is not applied at this price, the price will be 900 $ (30 $ X 10 X 3).
If during the third lesson your class request is canceled due to your request and you request a refund, your refund will be 328.50 $ (= 598.50- (900 / 10X3)).
If during the 7th class, you request a break in the class package and a refund, your refund will be -31.50 $ (= 598.50- (900/10X7)). At this time, a negative number appears and the refund amount is assumed to be zero.
3. If the teacher asks you to stop the class package during the class, the fee of that class will be included in the refund calculation.
For example, if the teacher asks you to stop the class package during three out of 10 class sessions, you will receive the refund for the remaining 8 classes.
In this case, we apply the discount according to the number of classes and the number of students, calculate the tuition fee and refund the remaining tuition fee.
If the class package is interrupted at the request of the teacher during the third class, the amount of your refund will be 478.8 $ (= 598.50- (598.50 / 10) * 2).
4. In the case of 1: 2 or 1: 3 classes, if several students are learning together with you and some student want to stop the class and get a refund, you must cancel the whole class package, and the students who want to continue will have to apply for a new class again. The refund method is the same as described above.
EL Korean prohibits students from paying teachers privately in person; this is not our policy.
First, personal remittance is not safe. A mistake in payment delivery is more likely to be financial loss to student.
Second, the dispute between student and the teacher is more likely to occur. Both parties must be in trust. It is tough to create build ties where disputes can happen.
Third, this is against EL Korean’s business model and violates the contract between teacher and EL Korean.
Any offer in personal payment must be reported to EL Korean support center - email@example.com. There will be a compensation on reporting.
Any left untouched tuition can be refunded except Bonus Point you have and you used. For example, assume that there are 300 US$s and 100 Bonus Points. You used 50 Bonus Points before.The refund of 250 US$ will be made by deducting 50 Bonus Points from 300 US$s; whereas the amount of Bonus Point is not eligible for refund. Any extra expense will be your responsibility.
1 Bonus Point equals 1 US$. Bonus Point will be given as a bonus award for active engagement from us. This can be used as a payment for tuition such as payed US$. Bonus Point cannot be gifted to others and will not be refunded at the time of deactivation.
1. Bonus Point will be awarded by the payed US$ for the gift. For example, if you pay 20 US$ for the gift, Bonus Point will not be given. If you pay 500 US$, there comes 20 Bonus Points. More payed US$ come with more Bonus Point.
2. After newly registered student by your recommendation takes class; 5% of the amount of payed US$ used for a tuition will be credited. Assume that recommended student uses total amount 300 US$ for a tuition fee; 200 US$ plus 100 Bonus Points. 5% of 200 US$ will be given to you instead of 5% total amount of 300.
3. Bonus Point will be awarded to those who actively engage in community activities. The selection will be at random.
Voice calls require approximately 10 bps, and images require data rates of approximately 500 kbps. A simple way to check is to run a video such as YouTube or Weibo. If the screen is displayed normally, it is possible to use video communication software such as Skype. It is also a good idea to install software on your desktop or mobile device to verify network speed. Before the video class, be sure to check the network speed and start the class at a stable speed.
EL Korean supports its app to be used on both mobile devices and desktop. Mobile devices can be used anywhere, anytime; so teacher and student can use. However if textbook is used, large-screened PC would be better.
Skype is the most widely used video chat software in the world and can be installed free; therefore the best tool for students and teachers for the class. In mobile LTE and above-level device, sound quality and video will be fine. There will be no cost within Skype communication; however data usage will do. From mobile device, it would be better to use WiFi to minimize data charge. Depends on the speed of net or WiFi, sound quality and video quality may be affected. If Skype is not in your computer, download and install from our website.