Article 1. Purpose
EL Korean, http://elkorean.kr,
(EL Korean Inc. hereinafter referred to as “the company”) shall be governed by the Terms and conditions on mobile applications and all web-provided services (hereinafter referred to as “service) and explains its use and determine other basic procedures.
Article 2. Definitions
The terms service, student, and teacher used in the Terms and conditions are defined as follows.
1) "Service" means all services provided by the company's mobile applications and the website.
2) "Student" means a person who is trained by teacher. In order to use the service and mobile applications operated by the company, student must register ID and password. Student enters into a contract with the company to use service which is provided in accordance with the terms of conditions.
3) “Teacher” means a freelancer who provides his/her ID and password to use the service provided by the company’s website in order to deliver Korean language lesson. Teacher enter into a contract with the company to use service which is provided in accordance with the Terms of conditions.
Article 3. Application of Terms and conditions
1) The Terms and conditions shall apply to the procedures for use of all services provided by the company on the net and other necessary matters.
2) The matters related to the use of the services provided by the company are subject to the relevant laws.
Article 4. Service contents
The company provides its teacher and student service made by itself or others. Due to circumstances, the schedule and method of providing services may be subject to change or delay.
Article 5. Establishment of use agreement
1) By clicking filled out registration form, it is deemed to agree on terms and conditions.
2) The desired individual to contract is required to fill out the membership form of ID, password, name, SSN, phone number, etc and it is subject to approval of the company.
Article 6. Application for use and acceptance.
1) The company shall approve the application for use in the order of receipt unless special circumstances explained in Clause 5.
2) The company may restrict the acceptance of the application if it falls under any of the following cases, and may reserve until its full resolution.
2-1. Shortage service facilities’ capacity.
2-2. Technical error.
2-3. Deemed to be needed by other companies.
3) The company may deprive membership of teacher and student and ban the rejoining at the time of noticing following cases:
3-1. Not applied with his/her real name.
3-2. Necessary information turn out to be false at the time of application.
3-3. Purpose of hindering social well-being, orderliness or moral.
3-4. Failure to meet the guideline of application set by other companies.
3-5. Breach of Terms and conditions by teacher and student.
3-6. Breach of obligation by teacher and student.
3-7. Not logged in for a long time.
Article 7. Pause of service
The company shall provide service 24/7 in a day; however may limit or suspend on following occasions:
1) Maintenance for service facilities.
2) When Telecommunication Business Law designated service operator stops.
3) Force majeure.
4) National emergency, power blackout, disruption of facilities, or excessive use of service.
Article 8. Provide of details
The company may deliver its product, use of service, daily notice, and other various information to teacher and student by email, post, or other means. It can be unsubscribed if not wanted.
Article 9. Rights of student
1) Teacher and student are entitled to have their privacy protected.
2) Student is allowed to search and apply for suitable lesson.
3) Any inappropriate services can be amended by request.
Article 10. Duty of student
1) When request to change a teacher during lesson, the reason must be presented to teacher.
2) When change of personal details occur, immediate correction must be taken.
3) The tuition payment to the teacher without the company involvement cannot be suggested to teacher. Any unofficial payment offer must be reported to the company.
Article 11. Rights of teacher
1) Teacher is entitled to the privacy protection.
2) Teacher is entitled to have his/her own profile to be registered on the web and able to invite student to lesson.
3) Teacher is entitled not to pay any other expenses other than the brokerage fee proposed by the company.
Article 12. Duty of teacher
1) Teacher must be sincere and deliver the best lesson to student.
2) Without the consent of student, the conditions of lesson in terms of number of class to be held, tuition, class time cannot be changed.
3) Immediate correction should be made on the heels of teacher’s detail change.
4) Teacher should only list facts on his / her profile.
5) Without prior consent, the third party cannot replace teacher.
6) Teacher must not engage in any unofficial tuition payments from student. If so, the tuition paid to teacher from the company must be returned.
Article 13. Right of company
1) The company request from teacher to submit the certificate of enrollment or graduation, and a copy of ID (front and back) to deliver quality lesson.
2) The company may disqualify its teacher or student who failed to comply with Terms and conditions or misbehave to one another.
3) The company may request teacher to return the total amount given to him/her if found engaged with personal tuition payment.
Article 14. Duty of company
1) The company shall conduct service in accordance with its Terms and conditions and related laws.
2) The profile of teacher should be registered on the web in convenience for student to view in selection of class.
3) The company cannot release or distribute the personal details of teacher to third party for other purposes; except the official request from the government in accordance with related laws such as telecommunication regulations.
4) If request from student for identification of teacher, details shall be given.
Article 15. Tuition and other conditions
1) Other conditions such as tuition, number of class to be given, subjects, etc will be prioritized in class selection; but mutual compromise can be made between the teacher and student.
2) Student pays the tuition to the company which will be given to teacher for delivering lesson after deducting brokerage fee as the company's profits.
3) Direct exchange of tuition between teacher and student is an act of deprivation of its membership. Any teacher involved in such misconduct shall fully refund the tuition given by the company; whereas the reporter will be awarded with compensation.
4) The company is not responsible for accidents caused by personal transactions between teacher and student.
5) The company shall not intervene in matters of discussion between lectuer and student.
Article 16. Brokerage fee
1) Teacher receives tuition from the company except the brokerage fee and the income tax. The company shall deem the brokerage fee as its own profit.
2) Fees will be notified to teacher through company's service screen.
3) No fees will be refunded.
4) The company's commission policy may change.
Article 17. Refund of charge
1) Student may request a refund of the charge.
2) The charge will be refunded after deducting the amount of bonus used from remaining charge.
3) Bonus is not subject to a refund.
4) Details of refunds of the remaining tuition in the ongoing package class shall follow the guidelines set in FAQ.
Article 18. Disclaimer
1) The company shall not be responsible for any intentional manipulation or false information given by teacher or student. The company is agreed to operate based on independent and voluntary intention from teacher and student.
2) The company is not responsible for any problems or disputes arising from personal tuition payments between teacher and student.
3) The company shall be exempted from liability on failure in service providing due to natural disasters or force majeure. For this reason, the company is not responsible for any leakage of customer information.
4) The company shall not be liable to civil or criminal liability in case of any violation of the constitution, laws and regulations of the Republic of Korea between its teacher and student.
5) The company shall actively participate in resolving disputes between teacher and student. If necessary, legal action will be taken against the one who unilaterally violates Terms and conditions. The company will help victim to file a lawsuit.
Article 19. Inter-communication between teacher and student.
1) The company does not edit or monitor the contents of the communication such as e-mail, SMS in relation to the class application, and the teacher and student take responsibility of his/her communication contents.
2) Teacher and student must not exchange contents such as pornography, disturbing contents, junk mail, spam, etc to the each other via company's e-mail or SMS service.
3) Any liability arising out of the violation of Clause 2 of this Article shall be directed to teacher and student. In this case, personal details such as ID and PASSWORD may be provided to the investigation agency.
Article 20. Posts
1) The company may delete the contents posted by its teacher or student if judged as follows without notice.
1-1. Undermining reputation on other teacher, student or third party.
1-2. Violation of public order and moral.
1-3. Association with criminal act.
1-4. Infringement of copyright of the company, or third party etc.
1-5. Exceed in period of posting by the company guidelines.
1-6. Violation other related laws and the company's detailed instructions.
2) The company may determine separate rule to implant on posting; therefore teacher and student shall register, delete or change posts in accordance with the guidelines.
3) The company is entitled full rights to add, modify, and delete the posted contents, any change on URL (Uniform Resource Locator) or add, modify, or delete the contents may happen without any notice to its teacher and student.
4) Lecture and student cannot request additional posting for personal benefit.
Article 21. Links
The company may provide its teacher and student links to other companies' websites or materials. The company has no control over such sites and materials; therefore not liable for any warranties of contents, commercials, products and materials and does not take responsibilities.
Article 22. Privacy protection
1) The provided personal details will only be used for process by the company and will not be given to a third party without consent, and the company shall take full responsibility, except in the following cases:
1-1. For the purpose of goods delivery, the company will provide minimum details such as name, address, number.
1-2. For the purpose of statistics, academics or market research, the details will be provided in a form in which unable to identify each individual.
2) In order to use the service provided by affiliated companies for teacher and student, the company may share limited personal details such as name or address at the time of registration.
3) The teacher or student is entitled to request to view and correct his/her personal details at any time, and the company shall be obliged to take necessary measures without delay.
Article 23. Effect and modification of Terms and conditions
1) Unless otherwise specified, the contents of Terms and conditions shall be effective by posting on the net service screen provided by the company or otherwise notifying the subscriber.
2) The company may change the Terms and conditions if deemed necessary, in this case, the company shall take effect by posting the changes on the net screen.
Article 24. Miscellaneous
Any matters not specified in Terms and conditions shall be dealt within the scope of social norms. The relevant laws shall take precedence over Terms and conditions if contradict to each other.
Article 25. Competent court and others
1) The legal dispute between the head office and teacher or student shall be brought before the jurisdiction of the head office of the company.
2) Details not described in the Terms and conditions shall be subject to the detailed rules set by the company (recorded in the FAQ, notice).
If you have any questions about the above, please feel free to contact us. We always do our best to make you learn Korean with pleasure.
CEO & Founder
EL Korean Inc.
63 Dongsomun-lo, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul, Korea
Mail : email@example.com
Tel : +8270-4141-1446
Facebook messenger ID : elkorean
Skype ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
Line ID : email@example.com
WeChat ID : supporterEL
QQ ID : 3268671480